Monday, May 23, 2011

top knot times

I've long admired the huge, giant, did I mention large buns I've seen on the heads of many a girl on many a runway and in only the chicest real-life settings. That girl must have thick, beautiful, long hair, I'd think. Turns out, there are some tricks to make even the finest of strands poof out with the best of them in top knot glory.

I learned from @bergdorfs, who did a great tutorial on twitter the other day. You can see the recap on the Bergdorfs blog.

Here's the end result. I'm in love with this hairstyle. It's easy, classic, huge and pretty.

Holy top knot! Thanks, @<span class=

Here's the secret:

A sponge! Get a round sponge with a hole in the middle. Or, if you are like me, get a round sponge and cut a hole in the middle. Pull your pony tail through and wrap the hair around the sponge. Pin into place. You are done. Welcome to the world of big hair.

My supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment