Sunday, March 6, 2011

success


This morning I studied the sewing machine manual, which my dad graciously found on the Internet and e-mailed to me. I didn't understand everything, but it helped me get a grasp on things and I am feeling much more confident in my ability to know what all the knobs and buttons do.

I picked up some thread and a pin cushion today and got right to winding a bobbin. The bobbin that came with the machine from home is on the right. Mine is on the left.


Mine is clearly subpar. The thread kept slipping and winding on everything except the bobbin. I would stop, and unwind and wind again, but the result is a little messier than it should be. Hopefully this will not trip me up later. Then, I threaded the machine (looking closely at the manual as I went) and stuck a scrap of fabric in to see how it went.

And I ended up with....

Ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment