Sunday, March 6, 2011

tour de new york

Yesterday I went out to get some sewing supplies.

But I got distracted by the Kate Spade store

Couldn’t help it, stopped in @katespade. Love everything.

The fabric store I had my heart set on checking out was closed on Saturdays, so I stopped by my usual store, but they didn't have the exact color thread that I wanted. At about that time, I got a call from a friend who is hosting some friends for their first-ever visit to New York. So, I joined up with them and we went to the Staten Island ferry. Staten Island looks way foreboding in this picture, I promise our trip wasn't that scary. But it does sort of make me feel like a sailor.

Staten Island ferry break. Met up with friends visiting the city.

Then, Times Square



And Rockefeller Center

There’s still ice skating at 30 Rock. Who knew.

Then, we went back to Brooklyn, where we made friends with the neighbor's cat who was hanging out at the bar. Can you see him in the window? At one point, he jumped on our friend's lap and hopped up onto our table. Friendly little guy.

Might be hard to see, but the neighbor’s cat got in the bar.

We finished the tour with delicious pizza and great conversation at Motorino

Last stop of the New York tour: pizza at Motorinos

It was so great to be a tourist again for the day, and to finish up with one of my favorite Brooklyn restaurants.




No comments:

Post a Comment