Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Two pieces of good news:

  • I wore my new jacket and received compliments. OK, one compliment. From my friend at work who I talked up my jacket to. But you know what, I’m stoked about it anyway. (outfit was black skinny pants, black sweater, jacket, nude heels)
  • According to my sources (aka my parents who are sending it to me) the sewing machine should arrive somewhere around Friday. GET EXCITED.

Until then, I am combining this and this to fit my needs and make some handwarmers of my very own.

I’m really into the idea of handwarmers, and for the record, I thought it was cool before Brittany on Glee, who definitely stole my idea.

Right now all I’ve done is cast on but I’ll post my progress as it happens. My plan is to knit a rectangle, and then stitch up the seam leaving a hole for my thumb, a la the crocheted striped handwarmer example. But, I like the size of the knitted handwarmers (they are longer), and I’d rather knit, since, you know, I already know how to do that. However, right now I don’t have the patience for ribbing, so I’ll just do all knit and no purl. Plus, that might give it a little more rugged look. Or at least that is what I am telling myself to justify going quicker and knitting the whole time.

Other things on my to-do list: Get better lighting in bathroom. Get full-length mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment