Friday, April 8, 2011

I tried to have a little fun with my Birthday Fun Times outfit and bring a little spring, since the weather isn’t bringing any at all. And There was something @bergdorfs said this morning, about wearing something with a story. As I was at dinner, I realized my Birthday Fun Times outfit told a good one. The jeans I’m wearing are my favorite. I like the way they fit me, and I like how long they are. I bought them when I was traveling Europe and didn’t pack enough clothes and was desperate for a pair of jeans. We hit a few stores, and that’s what I came out with. I was in Lisbon. The jeans came with me to Madrid and London before we both went back to the U.S. My jacket is vintage Valentino, found at a flea market in Chelsea when I was shopping with the same friend whose birthday it is today. And the handwarmers were a gift, from my brother and his girlfriend. And that is a lovely story, and one I don’t mind telling with my outfit at all.

The cupcakes were beautiful. From Crumbs, and delicious. We ate them like a box of chocolates—trying each one, trading, saying which flavors were good.

And the jumbled scene of the city is from my favorite part of the F train where you can see the water and the Statue of Liberty on one side of the train and Manhattan on the other. I took the picture while the train was moving, but I wish you could have seen it with me. The city was breathtaking tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment